Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Car

In this mere fictional story my father gave me the perfect gift to celebrate my eighteenth birthday. He gave me a beautiful car, a Ford and he told me that whenever I would want to go somewhere important I should take that car.

Only years later I understood what my father was trying to say back then. I was driving my Ford with some friends of mine. Destination: football. This was on 26th April and there was a big game in town. Our team played against our biggest rivals. I parked the car in the parking lot outside the stadium and after we bought the tickets we entered the arena. The stadium yelled with excitement and when the teams appeared on the field the crowd exploded: yelling, petards and all kinds of stuff that produce smoke. It was the perfect atmosphere and the players did the rest, played as the fans expected and won comfortably. While the Red Fighters remained speechless, that's the name of the other team's fans, the losers' fans, the remaining forty thousand spectators made waves and standing ovations for the home team. In fictional stories I love standing ovations and the good teams win comfortably.

I didn't learn many things that day. Only one: If the destination is football, Ford will take me there.

*Adapted from a story written for a friend for English class on 21th May 2003

**Based on the following commercial:



No comments: